Dance is an integral part of the New Zealand Curriculum that is often overlooked. As a trained Primary School teacher I get it, there are so many things to do during the school day there is often no time plan for dance let alone think about teaching it, or without the proper training teachers can lack the confidence to implement it. However, dance has so many benefits for our young students that its so important that it is being implemented in the school environment.
That is why we are offering a programme specifically for Primary schools, we are taking the hassle out of dance...
Want to offer your students dance but don't have time in the curriculum or the budget?
Leave it with us, we'll come along and give your students a fun and energetic dance classes once a week in their lunch break!
- Variety! Kids learn a range of dance genres and participate in choreography activities.
- Parents love it! There are lots of parents who have to work full time and can't take their children to classes afterschool, so they love it that their children can have their dance experiences during school hours.
- Affordable! Our dance clubs are offered at a reduce rate to ensure more dancers can participate.
- No stress on the school! We will do all of the organisation, all you have to do is put out the notice and supply us with a dance space.
Want to cover the dance curriculum without the hassle?
Leave it with us, our qualified dance teachers can not only teach the dance curriculum but also manage students.
- We'll write the unit plans and assessment rubrics.
- We can fit in with your inquiry topics!
- Provide experienced and professional dance teachers.
- Leave your students energized and excited about dance.
Want to participate in JROCK, DanceNZmade, Fresh Moves?
Leave it with us, we can facilitate these groups for you !
- No stress on the school! We will do all of the organisation, all you have to do is put out the notice, supply us with a dance space and a budget.
- Integrated learning! Where possible we will link the concepts to what the students are learning in school.
- Performance opportunities! There are so many children wanting to dance and they're eager to perform. Lets provide them with these opportunities at school.
- Represent your school! Your students will be out there representing your school positively and professionally.
Want to train your staff to teach curriculum dance?
Leave it with us, Miss Dani (BDance, Grad Dip Primary) has taught dance in Primary and Secondary Schools in New Zealand and Australia, including teaching at the NSW Curriculum Dance Camp!
Book her for your next staff meeting.
- Can target the training the to suit your schools needs.
- Practical training session, get your teachers moving.
- Realistic training, your teachers can actually use this in their lessons.
- Your teachers leave feeling confident that they can implement dance in their classrooms.