WANTED 1x SUPERSTAR HIP HOP TEACHER
BoPPA Is Growing! We’re seeking an exceptional individual to join our team as a Hip Hop Teacher in 2018.
WHO WE ARE...
Bay of Plenty Performing Arts is the leading performing arts centre in Mt Maunganui, New Zealand. The school is currently in its 5th year of operation and has an enrolment over 300 students, ranging in age from 18 months old to teens. Our main venue is in Mt Maunganui and we run under 8's classes in Papamoa. Classes are offered in Jazz, Ballet, Hip Hop, Contemporary, Tap, Acro, Acting, Singing and Circus. We also run Dancin' Schools a dance programme that runs in local Primary Schools.
Our young and vibrant teaching team are passionate about their teaching and see our studio as a second home. They all get on really well and would love to welcome a new member to the BoPPA Family!
Our classes focus on improving technique and strength, developing confidence and performance skills, whilst emphasising the importance on having fun and making new friends. This allows both our competitive dance troupes and soloists to enjoy success at both local and national competitions and our recreational students to enjoy learning dance in a fun, level appropriate environment.
ABOUT THE DIRECTOR
Hi my name is Dani Miller. I am a fully qualified Primary School Teacher with a Degree in Dance. I am extremely lucky to be able to create a business, with a team and families that I love working with every week.
In 2014, I moved to Mount Maunganui with the dream of building a modern dance studio that provides Bay of Plenty dancers with more performance opportunities and a range of performing arts programmes. I am so proud of what my team and I have built over the past 5 years and being an ideas person, I can't wait to see where it is going to go over the next 5 years!
Last year I took a step back from dance teaching and employed other teachers to teach the classes for me whilst I took on a more managerial role in the business. In order to further progress this business and spread the love of dance to even more families, I need more amazing people to join my team with the same vision and values!
WHAT WE BELIEVE IN AT BoPPA...
To educate and inspire our dancers so that they may reach their full potential, no matter what stage of their dance journey they are at.
We strive to EDUCATE dancers in their technique, choreography and performance.
We INSPIRE dancers by providing positive role models and assisting them in developing a strong belief in their own abilities.
We are WHERE THEIR DANCE JOURNEY BEGINS...
At BoPPA we believe in...
Making a Difference in the lives of every dancer that steps through our studio doors.
Providing Enthusiastic dance educators and growing an Enthusiasm for dance in our dancers.
Developing Confidence in our dancers that is transferrable into other areas of life.
Providing dance educators that model and teach Professionalism to our dancers.
Modelling and teaching Respect and manners.
Fostering a Commitment to learning.
Teaching Perseverance by encouraging our dancers to take on challenges.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING FOR US
Make A Difference
You’ll have the opportunity to converse with all our dance families to make them feel welcome and part of our team. You will have the opportunity to change children’s lives with how you teach and give them a skill for life. This job is truly a gift for our next generation and everything you do and say has potential to inspire our youth and give them amazing memories of dance!
Get Paid For What You Love
You’ll be doing things you’re great at and doing things you love to do. If you love watching children achieve goals, love making kids smile and laugh, love preparing amazing and challenging classes, love being part of a team and are a real people person, this will hardly feel like work at all!
Grow & Learn
We are constantly revising policies and thinking of new ways we can support our families and how we can do things better. Our Director is a big believer in professional development and invests in the development of each and every staff member no matter what their long term goals are.
Laughing and enjoying yourself at “work” is important. We’re a family, and having an environment where you can be yourself and have a good time is one of the many things we pride ourselves on.
GETTING DOWN TO BUSINESS
Are you one of those teachers who always teaches with a smile on their face and have an infectious energy about you? Do you have excellent classroom management skills? Are you a teacher that kids really aspire to be like?
I’m looking for a passionate, generous, hard-working Hip Hop Teacher to join our team from Term 1, 2018.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING EXACTLY
- Teach classes to a wide variety of children at different levels of their development with patience and understanding
- Be friendly to all students as they arrive to class, use their name as much as possible and acknowledge good effort always!
- Finish routines 4 weeks in advance of a performance to give students enough time to perfect their steps and feel great on stage
- Have effective communication between the Director and Admin Team (sometimes outside paid teaching hours as required).
- Hand in requirements such as edited music by the set due date
- Invest in the growth and development of not only the students but yourself as well
- Plan and teach engaging lessons, every lesson.
- Mark the roll for every class online, give notices, show videos from the Director and post videos and photos for parents on Movitae.
- Check our Teacher’s Group once a day for any urgent updates and acknowledge or reply to them
- Arrive 10 minutes before class for set up or talk to students outside the class to see how they are
- Start and finish classes exactly on time
- A passion for life and dance teaching
- Excellent recall of student names and a genuine interest in their stories and progression
- Passion for working with others (being collaborative) and helping our team members grow and learn
- Ability to handle direct feedback and be able to implement changes based on that feedback quickly and efficiently.
- The ability to choreograph competition Hip Hop routines (solos and groups)
- Be open to change, new technology and new ideas for the business
- Be a problem solver and be able to report to the Director if something is not working in a timely fashion
THIS IS NOT RIGHT FOR YOU IF YOU…
- Want to be an entrepreneur and run your own business. You’ll have the freedom and flexibility to love what you do and be the best at your role, but if you want to run your own company in the near future then we are not for you
- Have no interest in personal development or think you know enough already
- You want to turn up, teach, go home and not think about the job until the start of your next shift
- You are not interested in the values of the business
- You only want a job for 3-6 months before you go to work on a Cruise Ship/overseas. This is a minimum 12 month commitment but would love it to be longer if possible.
WHY YOU WANT TO JOIN OUR FAMILY
- Be involved in a studio that cares about their Team and their Customers and know that the number one priority is using dance to enhance kids’ lives
- Join a team of talented and inspiring people who love what they do
- The Director is invested and cares about your personal and professional development and overall happiness in your job
- You will see the joy you can create with parents and students on a daily basis
- We are more than your average dance studio. We have long term goals and being a part of this progression is something that will be truly special!
Applications close 5pm, Monday 29th January, 2018